Table of Contents
During discussions about showering experience in modern residences, all sorts of issues show up: the tiles, the showerhead, etc. However, there is one thing that not a lot of people mention but its influence is significant: the shower rod. Nowadays, once it comes to shower rods, homeowners could choose between curved ones and straight ones. Since both rod styles have unique characteristics, everyone is at odds about the one that comes out on top in curved vs. straight shower rod.
An Analysis Of Shower Rods
Unable to make up your mind between curved and straight shower rods? In that case, you have come to the right place. This article could show you everything you must know to choose the best style of rod for your shower.
Curved And Straight Shower Rods: Overviews
- Curved Shower Rods: As the name suggests, curved shower rods feature a curved profile that resembles a sem-circle. Since they curve outward, rods of the style decrease the odds of shower curtains getting in the way during shower times. Naturally, those who not only like to protect the shower curtains but also don’t want to get caught by them adore curved shower rods. Nonetheless, it’s worth pointing out that the curved profile carries certain drawbacks such as the reduction of space in the bathroom.
- Straight Shower Rods: Dependable and reliable, straight shower rods give a good account of themselves in a wide range of arrangements. Available at reasonable prices, rods of the style match the shopping budget of the majority of today’s homeowners. In addition to that, thanks to the straightforward installation, straight shower rods require minimal time and effort to set up. Still, the linear construction creates a number of issues including movement restriction inside the shower, dirty shower curtains, etc.
Breakdowns Of The Shower Rods
|Curved Shower Rods||Straight Shower Rods|
Generally speaking, curved shower rods provide homeowners with more space inside the showers in exchange for less space in the rest of the bathroom. On the other hand, straight shower rods limit the amount of space inside the showers but they don’t intrude into the remaining bathroom space. Hence, regarding space, it all comes down to individual liking. If you desire a free rein in shower times, curved shower rods should fit you well but otherwise, stick to straight ones.
Curved as well as straight shower rods have an easy time blending in no matter the setting. That being said, the modern appearance of curved shower rods makes them excellent additions to contemporary showers. About straight shower rods, with their traditional look, they prove popular in households that have classic bathrooms. To get the style of shower rod right, it’s strongly recommended that you think about the bathroom of your house.
By putting distance between shower curtains and homeowners during shower times, curved shower rods help save a lot of work once it comes to cleaning. In the case of straight shower rods, owing to the proximity to people, shower curtains tend to get dirty easily. Thus, the curved shower rod is the winner in curved vs. straight shower rod in terms of cleaning. If you hate cleaning shower curtains, you won’t regret picking up curved shower rods.
As curved shower rods keep shower curtains away from people, they lower the risk of injury in shower times. In contrast, it only takes a moment of carelessness for homeowners to get tangled in shower curtains if they use straight shower rods. Unsurprisingly, many articles that cover shower rods for residential bathrooms rate curved shower rods above their straight counterparts. Don’t hesitate to pick up curved shower rods if you care about the well-being of everyone in your home.
Manufacturers of shower rods release their products at affordable prices so you don’t have to cut back spendings to get some. By skimping through the market, you should be able to locate a number of models that match your wallet. However, it’s noteworthy that in the same price range, curved shower rods outmatches straight ones regarding quality. Because of that, if you wish to get the most out of your investment, include a couple of curved shower rods in your shortlist.
Top-Rated Curved And Straight Shower Rods: Reviews
The fact that different homeowners have different preferences means opinions about curved vs. straight shower rod vary from person to person. Still, to get your money’s worth, it’s suggested that you take a look at these models.
Curved Shower Rods
- Zenna Home NeverRust (E35633HBP1): Incorporating aluminum, Zenna Home NeverRust (E35633HBP1) is light but it could take everything people throw at it. The curved shower rod of Zenna Home also resists corrosion well so homeowners don’t have to worry about rust. About compatibility, equipped with an adjustable rod, NeverRust (E35633HBP1) fits quite a few shower openings. Furthermore, the presence of the tension mounts on Zenna Home NeverRust (E35633HBP1) guarantees a snug fit.
- Moen CSR2160BN: Versatile and flexible, Moen CSR2160BN is capable of adapting to various bathroom showers nowadays. Carrying 180-degree pivoting mounting flanges, CSR2160BN facilitates the setup process which is a big plus. In addition to that, following installation, the smooth exterior of the Moen shower rod permits showering rings to slide freely. As a result, with Moen CSR2160BN, manipulating the shower curtains is a walk in the park.
- PrettyHome Adjustable Curved Shower Rod: Thanks to the telescoping design, PrettyHome Adjustable Curved Shower Rod could change its length at a moment’s notice. That is why matching the shower rod made by PrettyHome to particular bathrooms is child’s play. Besides that, on arrival, PrettyHome Adjustable Curved Shower Rod is accompanied by hardware including brackets, screws, etc. That means installation could begin as soon as people remove the shower rod of PrettyHome from its packaging.
Straight Shower Rods
- Amazon Basics 1009905-410-A60: Despite its plain appearance, Amazon Basics 1009905-410-A60 is a solid model that seldom lets homeowners down. Featuring a combination of adjustable length and nickel finish, 1009905-410-A60 is compatible with most modern bathrooms. Moreover, the absence of tools in the setup process accelerates the installation. If you have a tight schedule, it’s widely advised that you pick up the shower rod from Amazon Basics.
- Briofox Shower Rod: Unlike many of its competitors on the market, Briofox Shower Rod integrates stainless steel into its construction and that is advantageous. In use, the shower rod made by Briofox requires just a bit of care to stay in top shape so its maintenance is a cinch. Also, when a need arises, homeowners have an easy time setting up and putting away Briofox Shower Rod. Because of that, the Briofox shower rod rarely causes troubles during bathroom renovations.
- Allzone 1706201221: All you need is a no-nonsense shower rod that holds together as time passes by? In that case, Allzone 1706201221 is going to be your best bet. Designed with a secured locking mechanism, 1706201221 eliminates the hassle of re-hanging shower curtains after they fall down. In addition, made from high-density steel, the Allzone shower rod is able to endure physical impacts without compromising.
How much should I spend on a shower rod?
On average, you could grab a shower rod of decent quality by paying mere dozens of dollars. Even if you hire someone to install your shower rod, the grand total usually stays around a hundred bucks. It’s a good idea to set up the shower rod on your own to save money.
Could I repair damaged shower rods?
The nature of shower rods allows people to repair them regardless of the extent of the damages. Nonetheless, if your shower rod sustains damages that compromise the structural integrity, it’s more economical to buy a new one instead of conducting repair.
Where could I buy shower rods?
The majority of home improvement stores carry a number of shower rods on hand. Of course, you always have the option of buying shower rods from online retailers such as Amazon, eBay, …
Hi, I am Matthew Thompson. I have a special love of repairing house and taking care of my small garden. From 2015, I decided to write more about home improvement, repairing – fixing anything in a common house to help people understand & know how to upgrade their own one. With 7 years working in writing for home & garden, I am really happy if any one could drop a comment about my knowledge.
It could be not correct in your case but if you let me know, I am willing to update my article with your recommendation.